Skip to main content

Business Cards

Front

Back

Front

Back

 
                               Front                                                                      Back

    The idea for this project was to make 3 unique personal business cards that incorporated my personal logo and the color palettes from my logo project. I made my cards using the Indesign software where I made a 3.5 by 2-inch document with 0.25-inch margins and an 0.125-inch bleed. The main tools I used are the pen and type tool. I used the pen tool to make the designs on the back of my cards and the type tool to print my name and a contact info section. I inserted the mail, location, and phone icons from transparent images I found online. 

    The front of my first card has my name written in a font called Remedy OT. I got the font from Adobe fonts and I chose it because I liked the fun and whimsical look it gave my card. I made the font the same color as the shirt in my logo and added a white stroke so that it matched my logo while also contrasting against the background. My logo is placed to the left of my name and gets cut off near the bottom end. However, I made the paint drips continue on the back of the logo using the pen tool. I did this to create a sense of continuity within my card. The back contains a contact info section written in a sans serif font so that it would be easy to read. 

    The font of my second card has my first name written in a font called WTR Gothic Open Shaded and my last name in Basic Gothic Pro. I like the font of my first name because it has a 3-D effect that makes it stand out. I decided to make my last name a different font that was still bold but didn't steal attention from the first font. I made both fonts pink to match the hair of the logo. I used my logo as the "I" in my first name. The back of my card has an illustration of an artist's palette that matches the color palette of my logo. The artist's palette contains the contact info while also continuing the theme of art within my card.  

    My last card is filled vertically because I wanted to experiment with a different canvas. The front of my last card has my name written in Minion Pro. I chose a serif font because I wanted to experiment with a more professional style. I used the A in my first name to start my last name, giving the card a crossword-style text. My logo is large and placed near the middle of the card, intertwining with the text. The back of my card has two green paint splatters I made using the pen tool. I initially sketched the back to include a paintbrush but I felt like it was repetitive of my second card. I placed the splatters near the top and bottom to balance the space. I then included the contact info near the middle. 

    My business card designs all surround the theme of art since my logo is inspired by that idea. I enjoyed making these cards and enjoyed learning about the InDesign software. 
    
Sketches: 


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of your designs. I specifically like how you incorporated art theme not only in the logo but also the added details on each of your cards. My favorite card is the second one because the use of the painting pallet was really creative and the contrasting yellow and blue on both sides of the card make everything pop really well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Portfolio

      The final project was to make a portfolio showcasing all the projects I made during the semester. I made this portfolio using InDesign. I had initially sketched a completely different cover, but as I began working I came up with a new cover idea. The idea for the cover was inspired by the Creation of Adam by Michelangelo.  The painting of the Creation of Adam depicts an image of God stretching out his finger to give Adam a spark of life. However, in my version, I am reaching out to touch the mouse I used to make the projects this semester. I made the image using Illustrator. I then added a cloudy background to match the heavenly scene within the original artwork.      The next two pages welcome and introduce me to the reader. I used the colors within the portrait of myself to color the font on the welcome page and the two squares on the corners of my portrait. The index pages utilize the cloudy sky background and layout the sections according to the Adobe software I used.  The co

Somewhere

     The basic idea of this project was to photoshop yourself into a tv or movie scene. I decided to insert myself with the female cast of the tv show Euphoria. This is one of my favorite shows from last year because the characters are so complex and realistic. I think it's quite hard to capture teenage characters, but this show does a good job of accomplishing that. Therefore, I took a picture of myself in a red dress and added myself to the bottom right corner.      The first thing I did was mask myself out and position myself so that my elbow was leaning on the table. I then added a few adjustment layers so that I blended better into the picture. I also put a glow filter on myself to match the bright highlights found on the other people. I then added horns so that I could look like I was wearing a devil costume. I tried to blend the horns by stamping my skin around the edge of where the horn meets my skin. I then added my reflection on the table by creating a duplicate of my mas

BW to Color

Square Analogous Complementary                      I created these images using the polygonal lasso tool and masking on Photoshop. The basic idea of the project was to turn a black and white image of yourself into a colorized version. The three color themes I chose are Analogous, Complementary, and Square. The technique that made these images possible was selecting different parts of the b&w image using the lasso tool and creating a new layer with a layer mask. After creating the layer mask you can create a new layer and color the area using the colors from your color palette.      I chose the warm-toned analogous color palette because my original photo was mostly warm-toned. Therefore, I wanted to see if I could incorporate that into the image but make it more stylistic. I then decided I wanted more contrast for my next one so I chose a complementary color palette. The pink and green really stood out from each other and made my image pop. The last palette was made using square co